Monday, February 18, 2008

Blow Up




Forgot to post again last Friday, I'll try and remember every day from now on.
I'm deep into another issue of Criminal at the moment, but I've got a few other things bubbling away.
Recently I compiled all the surviving copies I had of the girl's comics I drew in the 80's into a hardcover book and printed myself a copy via Lulu.com so I can have a more permanent record of that early stuff. The original comics printed on newsprint are crumbling away now...
I also had an idea for another art book I want to put together as a print on demand book. I might just make one copy for myself or make it available for sale, haven't decided yet. I'll bring that copy to any cons I'm doing this year and see if there's any interest...
It will be around 300 pages, black and white hardcover with a dustjacket.

6 comments:

Jan Ramirez said...

Hey Sean ,

Are u going to make the covers of Criminal Vol. 2 available to buy as prints/posters like you did your previous criminall covers via cafepress? I would buy the Gnarly and Teeg prints in a heartbeat!

Keep up the great work with Criminal

David Lafuente said...

Hi, Sean

a quick question. are you thinking in put scans of the printed stories or from the artwork itself?
anyways, sounds really interesting, I'm buying.

Best,

d.

Sean Phillips said...

I'll get around to putting the new Criminal covers on Cafepress soon...

Blow Up will feature scans from original comic art, the printed comics, paintings, sketchbook stuff, photos, whatever...

David Lafuente said...

even more interesting then :)

Ger Apeldoorn said...

As a lurker here who wouldn't be able to go to any conventions, I would like to say I would be interested in a collected art book of your stuff...

I would also love to do a short telephone interveiw with you for the dutch fanzine Stripschrift, so that might be a good opportunity.

Sean Phillips said...

Ger,
I have a book of life drawings available from Cafepress, just click on the Merchandise link. Intersections, an art book I did with Duncan Fegredo is still available from Image.
I'd rather be interviewed via email, please get in touch with your questions...